Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Day 1.3 "Vegetables disguised as Meat"

So I just walked around campus market thinking I should grab something to eat before my microbiology class, and the fact that I am STARVING, I need to find better non meat food to appease my carnivorous appetite because the leafy stuff just ain't cutting it. Anyhow, there is nothing worth purchasing at campus market other than salad if you're a vegetarian. I was so happy when I saw chili with beans at the soup bar I almost jumped out of my boots because it sounded good...then I opened it and realized that chili of course has ground beef...dang it, so I resorted to eating a lot of cheese from the meat lab which probably wasn't a good meal oh well it was free and probably my new comfort food when I miss meat. All the best foods  have meat in them its rather depressing. So I see in stores all the time these meat impostors, like veggie burgers and dogs and soy dogs and any other soy wish it were meat product, even this bacon bit deal that my uncle sent me was trying to be meat when it in fact was not. And I thought to myself I suppose I could try these substitutes to trick my lion stomach into thinking it was getting meat, however I realized no way could it be fooled because I in fact have experienced meaty deliciousness and the fake wanna bees will just let me down :(. So I have come to the conclusion I shouldn't even bother, especially with fake bacon that's just disrespectful to a cured pork bellie trying to replace it with such a product. So I guess I will need to stop wondering to the meat aisle even if I don't need meat and start spending more time in produce to find something to get me through these 30 days. Its the first days that will be the hardest right?? I can't help but think about that stupid movie 40 days 40 nights...I hope people don't start turning into walking sides of beef in my hallucinations

2 comments:

  1. yes, eggs are part of my diet however I never really used to eat them so now I will eat them more often for sure

    ReplyDelete