Monday, January 23, 2012

Day 6.0: Meat Dreams

Well, I have yet to eat meat and it is day number 6. Friends and fans have now started pools of bets to see how long I will be able to last before I cave to the sensational meat that taunts me in my dreams. Now that everyone is betting when I will fail, it has given me more incentive to follow this through to the end. When I said that meat has been taunting me in my dreams I was completely serious. Most nights I have been having dreams about eating meat. Usually its a scenario where I sneak to the fridge and cook up a hot dog or grill up a steak and take it back to my room. Usually at the end of the dream I am disappointed that I failed so I think this is my conscience reminding me that I should stick it out. Fortunately though I have been more creative when it comes to my meal choices. I have learned a few things about some of the foods I eat that I had not known previously. For example, spinach has a lot of iron, which was one of my concerns of deficiencies, so I was glad to add that to a frequent ingredient in my meal planning. I have also made good friends with a subway employee who has been very helpful in spicing up my non-meat sandwiches. She introduced me to the veggie patties they have there and also nicely grills onions and bell peppers when she toasts my sandwich she rocks. I went on a date last night with Robbie, I was a little bummed when we went to CPK for dinner and I had to overlook all the very delicious meat meals that they had on the menu, however my veggie pizza was still delicious. Well here comes week two let's see what it has in store!

No comments:

Post a Comment